Tips for a healthy, long lasting tan!
- Moisturizing is the key to a long lasting tan! Tanning dries out the skin. Plenty of water and lotion will keep skin moist. Healthy skin tans faster and lasts longer!
- USE LOTION! Without using lotion it takes up to 6 minutes for your skin to start the tanning process. Tyrosine is an ingredient in tanning lotions that kick starts the production of melanin in ONE minute! It is important to use lotion that provides essential moisture and nutrients for your skin, The benefits are amazing! Lotion rotation is key to building a deep, dark tan as well as breaking through plateaus!
- Don't shower right after tanning. Your skin is still tanning hours after your tanning bed session ends. Allow your tan to set in and wait at least 4 hours especially if you are using a bronzing lotion which can work for up to four hours after application. Let your tan set in and your skin will take on a deeper richer glow. When you do shower, ALWAYS use a moisturizer after!
- EXFOLIATE! This applies to both UV free tanning and tanning beds as well. Before a tanning session you want to lift all those dead skin cells and remove all oils and fragrances to expose the top layer of skin revealing revitalized ready to tan skin beneath!
- Slow and Steady wins the race! Do not come in a few days before a big trip trying to achieve a dark deep tan. This is simply not enough time you will end up burning your skin trying to overcompensate your bed time.